Thursday, March 25, 2010

To Do: PLAYROOM

Ever since we moved here, we've had a bit of an open living floor plan dilema.  Every room is in full view the second you walk into the front door. It's very hard to keep the house in "drop-in" condition.  So here's our genious solution:  we are planning on closing in the garage and turning it into a playroom.  We have the shop in the back so if we ever needed to re-sell... that could be considered the garage.  We are slowly cleaning out the junk that resides in the garage and hopefully, by this summer we will be finished with this big project. 

The major things on our list of to do are:

- remove the garage door
- build a wall to close in where the garage door was
- build side entry door
- add matching rock wall on the outside of the house
- insulate east wall
- extend air unit and add a vent
- remove trashy florescent lights and add recessed lighting
- fan
- wood laminate flooring
- replace door to house with an indoor door
- PAINT!

thats not too bad, right? And with my husband and our two dads we they can get it knocked out in a jiffy!  I'm SO excited and I can't wait to start decorating!!! Here is some inspiration I've found online:




Pottery Barn Kids


I love this room! I think I could paint those trees on there myself.  And I found this cool website...ahh-mazing!!! You can download the plans for these book shelves for free and then have your husband build them for 1/3 the cost.  I'll take 3 of these bookcases, thank you!




Pottery Barn Kids


I'd love feedback... anyone got any more ideas for our room???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I'm jealous!